Friday, May 04, 2007

Here comes trouble in a jog stroller

Our Princess Poopy Pants is on her way to running a marathon - on her knees. She started taking those few hesitant crawls last week and this week it's full steam ahead! She's made her way into the kitchen to see what I'm doing, down the hall and made friends with the dust mop (it sits in the hall as I have to sweep the dog hair up into a nice neat pile every day), found out the hardwood is fun to scoot around on, has quickly dashed across the room to see if she can beat me to one of Khaos' soggy, wet, gross toys, and has generally given me such delight in watching her explore the new world that is outside of confines of her mat on the floor.

Rowyn has also acquired a new ride. Yes, she is now the proud owner of one red jog stroller. It's amazing. I love it. We've been out running twice this week at 7:30 a.m. in the splendid (did I just use the word splendid?!) morning sunshine. This is definitely a habit that Khaos, Rowyn, and I will continue doing throughout the next few months in the summer.

I think Rowyn is sick. We went to the mall today to find Mummy some new pants (I STILL can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes - I miss them!) and Rowyn was not a happy camper. Usually she loves to watch the people and chat up a storm but today even a Baby Mum-Mum wouldn't cut it. We got back into the car and she immediately fell asleep. This is very unusual for our Princess. She likes to look out the window and visit with Bruce (another long story). I brought her inside when she woke up when we pulled into the driveway and she fell back asleep for another 40 minutes. She woke up quite upset and then proceeded to want to cuddle. to CUDDLE. My little lamb is NOT a cuddler. She's a goer. I was surprised and a little concerned. She proceeded to fall sleep on my chest. Now I'm totally perplexed. Temperature checked, and sure enough she has a 100.5F temperature. Tylenol was administered and another snooze ensued on my chest. I basically put her down sleeping in her crib with barely a stir. Our poor lamb. I've never seen her so cuddly and needy. Melts that heart even as it competes with the worry.

I'm a big girl now! I can drink my milk out of my own Sippy Cup! It was a long go to get Rowyn to like the sippy cup but I'm glad we persisted. No bottle weaning!


This is how I find Rowyn most days. Sitting up in her crib having a great time gabbering and chatting with her 'guys'


This is Rowyn exploring the hallway and her diaper bag

2 comments:

Karin said...

I know what you mean. Tegan is quite the snuggler too when she's feeling ill. She has had two flus in the last two weeks. Not fun.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like there's lots on the MOVE up there!
Glad you're back out there running K and taking the crew with ya! Looking forward to jogging with all of you when I'm up for there for a visit. HAPPY RUNNING!
Wend :)