It snowed, it snowed a TON! And we had so much fun playing when we got to stay at home for the day because school was closed. Of course I still had to work, but we managed to get in some cool play time too. Rowyn's school wasn't suppose to be closed - or I thought they would be calling the parents to inform us in the morning if it was going to be closed. I wasn't mistaken - oh noooo. Schools were open so Rowyn and I got all bundled up and spent 20 minutes brushing off the car and made our way into school to find it closed because there wasn't enough staff. Oh the joys of a private school. Where was my phone call like they said they would? Needless to say, not too happy, so we turned around, stopped at the grocery store for some "goodies" to munch on through the day and made our way home.
Brad was too excited about all of the snow to stay at work so he left early and came home to take Rowyn tobogganing. The two of them had a blast and came home covered head to toe in snow asking for hot chocolate. I can do with a few more fun days like this that's for sure!
Working and playing. We dragged Rowyn's little table into the office where I worked and Rowyn worked on doing a whole bunch of awesome crafts, some writing, some painting. Needless to say, not a lot of TV watching and tons of imagination was used this day.
On the way out to tobogganing totally bundled up Canada style - scarf and all!
Heading to the "big" hill at the back of the schoolyard and down to the river for an even bigger hill! Smiles all around :)
1 comment:
Oooh looks like fun. We didn't get any of that snow - Boo! We have only had one snow day this winter. What's the point of living up North when you don't get extra days off?
Post a Comment