Friday, September 22, 2006

Smiles

Rowyn is growing up so fast! She's 8 weeks old tomorrow and she's having her first sleep over at Grandma Kathy's house. Brad and I have a wedding to go to and Grandma is dying to have Rowyn over to spend the night. I must confess, as I was packing up some things for Rowyn to take to Grandma's today I got a little nervous and sad. 8 weeks isn't that long since Rowyn entered into our lives but it feels like much longer. I know Rowyn will have a good time but I hope I won't be too sad or miss her too much.
Rowyn is smiling up a storm these days. For some reason she especially likes being on her change table. She thinks is such a hoot to laugh and smile at the door that's in her line of sight straight ahead. I get the best smiles and giggles out of her when she's looking at the door. Whatever floats her boat at this stage I guess.
Rowyn must have gone through a growth spurt this week. This past Saturday she slept from 10:30 all the say to 5:00. I was thrilled! Then for the next 5 nights she went back to waking up twice a night. She hasn't done that since she was 3 weeks old. Mummy was VERY tired by the time the end of the day came. Last night Rowyn decided she was extra tired from visiting with Uncle Jai and Auntie Lauren and Grandma Anita and slept from 10:30 - 5. Whew! Mummy was please but I woke up at 3 when she stirred thinking I'd need to get up to feed her and she was sleeping! I couldn't get back to sleep for the life of me. I finally went back to sleep after Brad left for work at 6:30.
I hope Rowyn will sleep through the night tonight! We have a busy day tomorrow....

 
 
  Posted by Picasa

No comments: