Saturday, October 14, 2006

Progress Update

It's been a while since I had an update on the things that Rowyn has been able to do so I thought I'd put down a few things.
Rowyn is 11 weeks old tomorrow. Almost 3 months! She's outgrown most of her 0-3 month clothes. It's kind of sad to have to put things away. Now she's getting into the really cute outfits that so many people have generously gotten her. Our little girl is so cute!
Rowyn has found her voice. Boy oh boy is she a vocal girl. She loves to smile and smile and smile and make really loud yells. It's too cool to see. She started out just making cooing noises and then little gurgles and in the last week has really found her 'big girl' voice. She kind of scream/laughs.
Rowyn is so happy. Except when we're trying to feed her a bottle (which is our next hurdle to get over in the next two weeks or so) she's always laughing and giggling.
Rowyn loves to stand on you. If you just hold her under the arms she'll lock her knees and stand up for a while. Her neck control is unbelievable. Unless she's sleeping, you don't have to support her neck (ok - you have to be somewhat careful still 'cause she'll pull a bobble-head on you). I think we're going to be ready for the Bumbo chair soon and the Jolly Jumper in another few weeks. I can't wait for the Jolly Jumper. She's so active that I think she's really going to like it.
Lets see, we're still working on getting Rowyn to sleep through the night. Last night hew last meal was at 10:15 and she woke up at 4:30. She wasn't really crying just making noises. I waited 15 minutes hoping she would go back to sleep but she didn't. When I peeked in on her, she was having a grand time looking at her hands and trying to stuff them in her mouth. I re-swaddled her and crossed my fingers that she'd go back to sleep. To my surprise, she did just that! She woke up at 7:00 to start the day. I'm constantly impressed with the things she does and am looking forward to each new thing.
More soon

1 comment:

Jai and Lauren Soloy said...

thanks fo the update! We check in every day. It's kind of like getting mail. Looking forward to your visit!