Sunday, January 07, 2007

All better!

Rowyn went to get her check up this week and she's pretty much all better. We have to give her the inhalers for another week or so and decrease the amount but she got a clean bill of health. One downfall is that we need to stay away from other kids and crowded areas for 4 weeks. Rowyn is still contageous. The RSV Virus lives on surfaces for up to 4 weeks. Just to be sure, we're not going to playgroup or swimming or sing song class. I'm pretty disapointed about having to cancel all activities for the month of January as I was especially looking forward to swimming and will greatly miss our Tuesday afternoon playgroup, but, Rowyn and the other babies health is the most important thing.

Rowyn thought she needed to have a party with her friends in her crib the other night. She has a soft lamb that attaches to the side of the crib that plays music and also a brightly coloured octupus "guy" that hangs on the other side of the crib. At 4:50 a.m. Rowyn was chatting and laughing up a storm. I went in to see why I wasn't invited to the party and Rowyn had managed to get out of her swaddle, kick it out of the way so it was at the other end of the crib, use her feet and propelled herself 180 degrees so she was facing the other way. I didn't have my glasses on at the time (did I mention it was at 4:50 a.m.?!) and just stared at her for a couple of minutes dumbfounded. Rowyn on the other hand continued to party it up. She's starting to be so much more mobile now. Moving and using her hands and feet. She's good at pulling hair, punching you in the face, grabbing your nose and kicking you. All the things for a good karate chick!

Just one new pick.
Mummy and Rowyn hangn' out on the kitchen bar top.

No comments: