Swimming... We finally had our first swimming day yesterday! Grandma Anita came to watch the spectecal. I must admit that I was a little nervous. For myself I was nervous about climbing into that dreaded bathing suit. Brad made a good comment ".... all the other moms will be in the same boat and there won't be any duds there that you need to impress so don't worry!".... He's right of course but all those women out there can sympathize with me I'm sure. How did it go you ask? I wasn't sure what Rowyn was going to do when we first jumped in the water. The instructor took her while I climbed into the 2 foot high kiddie pool (nice and warm by the way). Rowyn kind of looked at me funny while in the arms of the instructor. When I took her I just put her little feet in first. The bottom lip started to quiver and I thought "oh-oh here we go!". I took her all the way back out again and put her in ever so slowly. So far so good. Just a lip quiver. Our first little exercise was to put her on her back and hold her up and let her float. Well talk about cry?! That wasn't Rowyn's favourite position. I guess maybe because she couldn't see me? Or probably more like the water was sloshing in her ears and this was all very different from the bathtub. The next thing we did was to sit them on the side of the wall and do the Humpty Dumpty song. They all fell down and into the water - not dunking them though! just enough to get them wet. Rowyn liked that one. Lots of smiles and she seemed to like it. Next was the big D-U-N-K. We did 1-2-3 and then dunked her for 1 second. One second was long enough for Rowyn to get a mouthful of water and to kick furiously. She was NOT impressed. Next week may be better? We got a pool noodle for the last exercise and drapped her arms over it and floated her around the pool legs extended. She liked this as well. Closing was to have them on their backs again. Not so cool for Rowyn. All in all the half hour went by so quickly. It takes more time to get her and me dressed and undressed (have you ever tried to shower, dry, dress a squirming wet kid?) than it does to do the entire class. Rowyn is on her way to becoming a superstar swimmer!
These are a few of my favourite things....
#1. Khaos. Rowyn just LOVES the dog. She looks for him first thing in the morning when she gets up, she stops everything to watch him walk around the house, she holds her hands out when he comes to say hello and pets him (not all the gently though) when he lets her. The laughs are plentiful when she sees him as well. It's great
#2. Her exersaucer. She plays and plays and plays.... and plays!
#3. Food. Not milk, but food! She's had Rice and Sweet Potatoe. She loves them both. Unfortunately they don't love her all that much. Rice made her constipated and Sweet Potatoe made her have so much gas I think she outdid her dad!
#4. Partying. Rowyn is a party animal. No sleeping or relaxing for our girl. I'm waiting for her to walk any day. I think she'll skip the crawling as it's much to slow and go right to running.
A couple pics.
Ohhh.... Camera! Gimme Gimme Gimme!
It's a bird, it's a plane - No - It's Super Rowyn!
You're just too funny Mummy
No comments:
Post a Comment